“It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink: lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted. Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.”
God created man to have dominion and rule like a king. When He made Adam, He said to him, “Have dominion.” We are supposed to rule over sin, poverty, the world, and the devil, but you will agree with me that many of us are not ruling like we should. I want us to examine some probable causes.
King Lemuel’s mother advised him not to drink wine. The reason was that it would make him forget the law or Word of God. This also had varying consequences. I want us to look at the consequences.
- The Word of God is a container of spiritual power. She told him that kings don’t drink wine because it will make them “forget the law” or the Word, which is the main source of spiritual power.
- The Word is a source of wisdom. Kings don’t drink wine because it will make them forget the law or the Word and affect their mental faculties.
- The Word helps us make great decisions. Our judgments or decisions will be perverted if we forget the Word.
Read and obey the Word and you will rule like a king!
This devotional is an excerpt from one of Kakra Baiden’s Six Energy Drink Books.
ORDER YOURS THROUGH THE FOLLOWING MEANS;
- EBOOK: Amazon kindle or kobo.com
- CALL or TEXT: +233207575215
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org