2 Corinthians 1:12
“For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.”
One thing we all need is advice. This is because on a daily basis, we have to make decisions about many things; some significant, and others insignificant, but in the long run even the insignificant ones add up to have a significant impact on our lives. God has provided us with channels of advice and one such channel is the human conscience.
Paul said our conscience gives “testimony”; in order words it speaks to us or advises us. How can we know when our conscience is advising us? We must learn to recognize it’s voice.
Let’s examine three qualities of its voice;
1. Godly Sincerity: the original Greek meaning of this word sincerity is to be honest and free from hypocrisy. When you are tempted to be dishonest your conscience will tell you not to.
2. Simplicity: the original meaning is clearness or purity. In other words, holiness. Your conscience will raise an objection to sin.
3. Not in Fleshly wisdom: when we are tempted to be led by the flesh through anger, strife or lust, the conscience will raise an objection.
4. Conversation: it means lifestyle.
We must let our conscience rule our lifestyle.
This devotional is an excerpt from one of Kakra Baiden’s Six Energy Drink Books.
ORDER YOURS THROUGH THE FOLLOWING MEANS:
1. EBOOK: Amazon Kindle, Kobo.com, Applebooks etc.
2. CALL or TEXT: +233207575215
3. EMAIL: email@example.com