2 Samuel 1:21
“Ye mountains of Gilboa, let there be no dew, neither let there be rain, upon you, nor fields of offerings: for there the shield of the mighty is vilely cast away, the shield of Saul, as though he had not been anointed with oil.”
The “anointing,” means the power of God. A lack of it can be disastrous. We are told that Saul died as though he had not been anointed. What are the results of living without the anointing?
1. The lack of anointing can lead to death. Saul died because he lacked anointing. Death can come in different forms. It can be physical, spiritual, marital or even financial.
2. A lack of the anointing can make things small. Saul used to be mighty; He became ordinary the moment he lost the anointing. The anointing helps you to do extraordinary things.
3. A lack of the anointing can lead to vileness. This means sinful or indecent. It is difficult to be holy without the anointing.
What led to this? He cast away his shield. The shield is symbolic of “faith.” We are told to have the shield of faith. Faith in God releases the anointing.
Let’s keep on believing in the Word of God and the Spirit, and it will release the anointing.
This devotional is an excerpt from one of Kakra Baiden’s Six Energy Drink Books.
ORDER YOURS THROUGH THE FOLLOWING MEANS:
1. EBOOK: Amazon Kindle, Kobo.com, Applebooks etc.
2. CALL or TEXT: +233207575215
3. EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org